At Southern Lending Services, Ltd. maintaining the confidence and trust of those with whom we do business is a top priority. This Privacy Statement will describe our policy and the steps we take to protect personal information. In this notice, you will find the details of our policy, as well as an opportunity to choose how your personal information will be shared.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We employ extensive security measures to completely protect your transactions with us. Except as indicated in this statement, we restrict access to your non-public information to our employees who require this information in order to provide products and services to you. We maintain, and require third parties with which we share your non-public personal information to maintain, physical and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information.
In an effort to provide mortgage loans to you, we collect information from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or other forms, such as name, address, Social Security number, income, assets, etc.,
- Information we receive from an outside source, such as a credit bureau or employment verification vendors;
- Information about your transactions or experience with us, such as property value appraisals, your payment history, etc.
Information We Collect While You Browse Our Web Site
Information about your identity is not accessed while you browse our Web site. You remain anonymous to us. While you visit our site, our system tracks the pages you view, the pages you download, the site you came from, and notes your IP address (but not your identity). We may also place a “cookie” on your computer that tracks the use of our Web site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive. It takes up very little room on your system and helps us to estimate the number of persons using our site. It also helps us to determine the most popular areas of our site. The cookie does not provide specific identifying information about you such as your name, address, tax identification number, Social Security number, e-mail address or phone number. You remain anonymous while browsing our Web site; however, once you complete a loan application, we will use the information provided therein to determine if you are eligible for the loan you have requested. We may retain all of the information you provide to us in the application, including personal information such as your name, income, assets, liabilities, age, Social Security number and employment.
Who We Disclose the Information To
We may disclose the information we collect, as stated above, to:
- Financial service providers, such as banks and investment companies, third-party loan servicers or consumer credit companies.
- Voluntary organizations and non financial companies, such as appraisers, escrow agents or title companies.
- Preferred providers under specific written joint-marketing arrangements (Preferred Providers), which are entered into to provide you with other products or services. In such cases these joint-marketing agreements will require these Preferred Providers to keep your personal information confidential and will prohibit the use of your personal information for any purpose other than for the purpose disclosed when the product or service is offered. Categories of Preferred Providers with which we may share your information include: (a) financial service companies such as insurance providers, insurance agents or brokers, registered broker-dealers, mutual fund companies, banks and credit-card companies and (b) non financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers and membership clubs.
- Government agencies or consumer reporting agencies for specific and limited purposes as required to:
- Effect a transaction authorized by you;
- Effect, administer or enforce a transaction;
- Protect against fraud;
- Make a report to a consumer reporting agency; or
- Comply with a legal investigation or regulatory requirement.
How We Disclose Your Information
We do not provide personally identifying information about you to third parties other than our lending partners without your consent, or if the disclosure is permitted or required by law. The situations in which we disclose information include the following:
- Service Providers and Joint Marketers
We may disclose all of the information we collect to companies that perform support and other services for us such as data processors, data encrypters, technical systems consultants or programmers, or to marketing companies that provide a service on our behalf, or to other Preferred Provider financial institutions with whom we have or may have joint marketing arrangements unless you have notified us not to share such information by e-mailing or writing to us as indicated below in the “Contact Information” section.
- Disclosures to Affiliates
As permitted by law, we may release information we obtain to you from third parties to companies with which we are related by common ownership or affiliated by corporate control (Affiliates), unless you notify us before the information is initially communicated that you do not want us to share such information. You can notify us not to share such information by communicating by e-mailing or writing to us as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section.
- Other Disclosures to Lending Partners
Our lending partners may have special offers, products or services that may be of particular interest to you. If you would like to receive such offers, you may authorize us to share any non public personal information we have about you with our lending partners for the purposes stated above. If you do not wish to have your information shared with our lending partners for the purpose of obtaining the loan you requested, please notify us not to share such information by e-mailing or writing to us as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section.
When Your Relationship With Us Ends
How to View and Change Your Personal Information
The personally identifiable information we maintain on you may be reviewed and corrected by contacting us in writing at the address below.
Contact and Right to Access and Correct Information
You may write to us at the address below with questions about your personal information. You may see and copy the data that we have about you in person. If you prefer, we will copy the information and send it to you.
If you feel that the personal data we have about you in our files is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we revise the disputed data. We will review your request and will either make the change or tell you why we did not do so. If we do not make the change, you may file a written dispute with us. We will include the written dispute in future disclosures of that information to anyone who may have received this information during the past two years. To exercise these rights, please send a written request to the address below and include your name, address, loan number, daytime phone number and the data you would like to access or that needs correction. We may charge a small fee to collect and send the data to you.
To protect your privacy, we may ask for identification verification and to provide additional details to respond to your request.
Contact and Opt-out Information
If you have questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this company or your dealings with us please use the information below to contact us. We also provide the information below for removing your information from our database, opting-out of future communications, changing and modifying information previously provided, or to no longer receive our services.
If you prefer to discontinue receiving e-mails from Southern Lending Services, Ltd., please email us at email@example.com. You may also send a letter to the address below containing the following information:
E-mail address(es) to be removed
The word, "REMOVE"
Please allow a reasonable response time not to exceed ten (10) business days from our receipt of your request to have your e-mail address(es) removed from our database.
Mailing address:8911 N. Capital Texas Highway #4100 Austin, TX 78759
Attention: Compliance Department